rates (was: RE: [thelist] (no subject))

Seb Barre sebastien at oven.com
Thu Nov 30 11:30:31 CST 2000

At 11:16 AM 11/30/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Er, good tip, but I'd think the   should be replaced with some single
>pixel images.  The   forces a line height to the first row, perhaps
>making some whitespace at the top of the table.

Another solution for this, which doesn't totally eliminate the spacing but
avoids the (arguably bad) use of invisible GIFs, is to define a style
pseudo-class for those particular TDs that contains "font-size:1px;".  This
will result in a very small (height-wise) row and you get the same effect
without hitting your webserver unnecessarily for spacing GIFs..