[thelist] Accessible Flash

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Fri Dec 1 18:16:56 CST 2000

I briefly scanned some of the links, and it caught my attention.
Was a little slow loading (and I am on a fractional T1 line),
and might have been better in a larger window. But otherwise, fine.
Could have used some ALT tags or such...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Stetser [mailto:icongarden at icongarden.com]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 6:17 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Accessible Flash

Last December, Arcadus (a company that has since become Renaissance
Interactive and which I left today) finished its own web site, developed
using all the experience and process we had. Being the lead HTML developer
on that site, I know that it was a labour of love.

I submitted it as an example of Flash usability to Macromedia and my contact
there wants to put it up on their new Flash usability article! :)

I didn't have much, except high-level 'this looks good,' and 'that might
confuse people,' input into the Flash piece, but I think it's done really
well.

I'd love to have a critique of it, even if the site is already old and the
company consumed by another - what did we do right? What did we do wrong? :)

http://www.littleblueeasy.com/arcadus/

Thanks!
Jake Stetser