[thelist] RE: JavaScript: Get contents of second window

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 2 05:19:45 CST 2000

> > :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > : By this I mean is there an object property which'll
> > : give me the underlying html of a shown page?
> > :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > it depends.
> >
> > what browsers and platforms are you looking to support?
>
>Version 4+ Netscape, IE 5+ on PC and Mac OS.
>
>I guess the (practical) answer to the original question is no. What a pain.

The first problem is accessing another window if that window is not in a
popup-opener relation to the main window. I looked through some books and
tried some weird things but I couldn't find any way of doing it.

Secondly, you might try document.documentElement.innerHTML, this certainly
works in IE5 and NN6, don't know about IE4.

NN4: forget it.

That's all the help I can offer, I'm afraid.

ppk