[thelist] search engine reg q

Emily Christensen em at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 4 14:26:02 CST 2000

Chris & Shirley: Thanks for your input.

From: "Chris George" <chrisgeorge at home.com>

> I don't get the Spanish aunts thing...

Spanish aunt = tia = Thanks in advance

> Have you tried to submit the site in the past?

No. I've only submitted it once to each of the SEs I listed. I'm wary about
submitting again because I don't want the site to be blocked. I take it you
think I should just sit tight for now?

> Some search engines/directories are also reporting upwards of 4 months ETA
> on submissions (I can't remember which one(s) off the top of my head
though,
> sorry).

That's interesting. I know Yahoo takes forever; I've submitted sites that
haven't shown up there for upwards of six months. But I've never had that
experience with search engines.

I appreciate the advice/links, both of you.

Emily

~
project of the moment:
http://www.colleenjameson.com/