[thelist] Window Maximized

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Mon Dec 4 15:17:27 CST 2000

Rudy,

> are you using the "opener" thingamajig in javascript?  does that only work

> in popups?  i'd've think it would work in a second window too....

	I'm not clear on the distinction you are making between "popups" and
"second windows" -- if they're initiated in script, there really isn't any
difference (although maybe that is the distinction you are making: popups =
script, second windows = manually opened?). I guess "popups" tend to refer
to windows with minimal chrome, although technically I don't think they have
to.
	Anyway, window.open() will only work to open a new window, not to
modify an existing window. If you want to resize an already opened window,
you can use the window.resizeTo(w,h) method, where "w" = an outer width and
"h" = an outer height.

James Aylard