[thelist] Flash Based E-Commerce Package

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Tue Dec 5 04:38:27 CST 2000

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Seb

My question was more "Why put the emphasis on the package
rather than the objective? Why talk about doing a *Flash*
ecommerce system, rather than just an ecommerce system
which happens to be in Flash?"

Also, as the recent ALA article points out in detail, Flash has
a *long* way to go before it is as usable as HTML for most
applications. Yes, it has its uses. But it shouldn't be viewed
as a default delivery mechanism over HTML - it will usually
neither give better results, nor cost less. Look at it from a
client's perspective (when they haven't got point and drool
mode engaged) - it's really a no-brainer.

Cheers
Martin

Please respond to thelist at lists.evolt.org