[thelist] Javascript - detecting which SELECT!

Joe Crawford artlung at artlung.com
Tue Dec 5 12:40:56 CST 2000

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Brown, Robert wrote:
> QA note: onChange doesn't work with netscape3(if that matters). The
> pulldown menu has to defocus for the event to happen. easiest way to
> accomplish that is to add a dummy button next to the pulldown menu
> that way the user thinks that they have to click on the button to make
> it happen, and the pulldown menu is defocused.

Onchange is supported in Netscape 3.04 just fine - on the Mac and on
Windows.
http://www.artlung.com/lab/scripting/dropdown/

IE3 on the Mac, as I recall, was one which didn't.

You can get NS3 of course, from browsers.evolt.org :-)

	Joe
--
Joe Crawford <mailto:joe at artlung.com>
 * I am a Web Designer and Developer;