[thelist] batch conversion of word to html

Shirley Kaiser (SKDesigns) skaiser at skdesigns.com
Thu Dec 7 19:01:56 CST 2000

Zach,

I've also done this with HomeSite and HTML Tidy (David mentioned HTML
Tidy and BBEdit). HTML Tidy has a feature specifically designed to clean
up Word documents, and it does a pretty nifty job of it, too.

I haven't worked with regular expressions yet, although I see it in my
near future. I've done the above just using HTML Tidy and then
HomeSite's search/replace if needed (using the Project feature, which
will search/replace for an entire web site, for example).

There's a Dreamweaver discussion list that could undoubtedly answer this
question more specifically, too. It's listed in Discussion Lists at
websitetips.com:
http://www.websitetips.com/lists/

Your request is not at all an unusual situation. I'll be curious to know
what you find out with Dreamweaver, if you remember to let us know.

Warmly,
Shirley
--
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.