[thelist] hits vs sessions

Joris Kluivers joris at mac.com
Fri Dec 8 06:42:32 CST 2000

yeah i know what you mean,
i hear a lot of people talk about hits, but hits really miss the point. I
have a page that generates 75 hits each time it gets called.
So if i have 30 visitors a day (not a high traffic website) my homepage
generates 2250 hits a day.
I prefer to use unique visitors to messure the traffic on my website. I'm
developping a php system that uses the Log files in apache to track down
every unique visitor. A unique visitor is a visitor that hasn't visited the
website in 30 minutes.

Joris Kluivers