[thelist] email submit???

Liz Lawson lizlawson at charitycards.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 10:30:42 CST 2000

>My question is... is there any way to email this form information to a
>specific individual without using a cgi script?
>
>Seems I saw a message either here or on the webmonkey list that was
>referring to a method to send this information based on a page change
<href>
>tag... is this true?

sort of. You can use

send mail</a> but the content is fixed (and the client has to have their
system configured properly to launch the mail client with the mailto tag).

or you can use a form

<form method="post"    action="mailto:yourname at yoursite.com"
   enctype="text/plain"><input type=text    name=your_comments>
<input type=submit    value="Submit Your Comments"></form>

and the user can add their own information.

BUT this is browser / mail client specific rather than part of HTML. (I
can't be more specific 'cos I don't use this method.)

Using the mailto form pulls up a security warning about exposing your email
address, which is obvious when you think about it but a little alarming to
most users anyway.

HTH

Liz

Liz