[thelist] Domainname for local use

Lauri Vain optima at hot.ee
Fri Dec 8 11:37:07 CST 2000

Hello evolters,

I use Apache and OmniHTTPd on a windows box.

Can anybody tell me if there's any software out there that would make your local
computer appear (for your local computer ONLY) as some other domain which it
really doesn't host. Didn't get it, right?

Basically what I want to do is when I type into my browser window the URL
www.bluewidgets.com then it would go to get the files from my own server
(127.0.0.1) rather than the real server which hosts this site. Lots of the links
in the projects I do are absolute URLs for one reason or another. It would make
testing/developing a lot easier if  I didn't have to change all of the URLs in
the doc to work on my computer and back later.

Yours,
Lauri
--
Hope it made sense to you (more or less)