[thelist] Domainname for local use

Liz Lawson lizlawson at charitycards.co.uk
Fri Dec 8 12:09:21 CST 2000

Lauri

you can set it up in your hosts file in the windows dir (if you have
hosts.sam instead, delete the .sam from the filename)

127.0.0.1       www.bluewidgets.com

And then you need to set up a virtual host in your Apache conf files
including the line

servername www.bluewidgets.com

That works for me with Windows and apache: you may need to do some searching
before you find what works for your setup. Don't know if you need to do
anything in omnihttpd.

(And you won't be able to view the real www.bluewidgets.com as long as you
have that line in your hosts file.)

HTH