[thelist] email submit???

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Dec 8 12:39:43 CST 2000

At 11:04 AM 12/8/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello evolt...
>
>I am working with a client on their first website. They are setting up their
>own server (UNIX with Apache server software) and don't yet have sendmail,
>or perl libraries installed.
>
>They DO however, want to get a simple site set up ASAP. We have a 3 page
>site ready to post that has a 'contact' form.

Option one: Find a place that will host a cgi script for you. You'll be
happier in the end.

Option Two: You can use the browser's tie to the mail client. This option
is not 100% successful. Use with the understanding that there will be a
people who won't be able to use the form.

<form action="mailto:target at mail.com" enctype="text/plain">

---
Anthony Baratta
President