[thelist] AOL/netscape was:Netscape 6 loads page twice

Aylard JA (James) jaylard at equilon.com
Fri Dec 8 16:56:03 CST 2000

Jamie Madden wrote:

> The reason people except BSOD's and incompatibilities and the like is that

> developers (web, software, etc... yes, that includes us) have told them
> that this is to be expected instead of trying to fix problems.
> The reason rational people expect this in a computer related
> genre is that they've been told all along that this is gospel and they
> didn't have the initiative (or they didn't have the intellectual capacity)

> to check it out for themselves.  And, theoretically, they shouldn't have
to.

	The big buggy software conspiracy. Nothing personal, but give me a
break.

James Aylard

<tip type="XML">
	Since we're on the subject of big software companies, and their
efforts to roll back civilization with inferior products, it seems an
appropriate moment to cite the url to a chart of Microsoft's XML DOM
implementation (available in GIF and PDF flavors):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/voices/news/xml.asp

</tip>