[thelist] Networking: Localhost AND the net?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sat Dec 9 02:20:58 CST 2000

I'm going in to the conversation late.....but does Mac2 see the internet??
The reason I ask is that that Mac1 may have two IP address, and internal
and external. Therefore, Mac2's Gateway and Subnet settings should be
replicated on the PC. (Which Judah did say.) But if Mac2 can't see the
internet, then the Mac2 settings will not help.

Another way to say the same thing: If Mac1 does have two IPs, you need to
have Mac1's internal address as the default gateway for PC1.

Also - does your soft router sofware have NAT enabled? (Judah also
mentioned NAT.)

---
Anthony Baratta
President