[thelist] AOL/netscape was:Netscape 6 loads page twice

Jacob Stetser lists at icongarden.com
Sat Dec 9 12:18:13 CST 2000

I don't think any of us really know what lurks in the minds of AOL's
management. Did any of us predict that AOL would buy Netscape? Dan
and I can think they're thinking "Well, we spent big bucks on this
browser, what should we do with it?" and you can think they're
thinking "We've got this great symbiotic relationship with Microsoft
and we should use it."

Your view of 'business' is just as much a utopia as ours. Everyone
knows the sort of crap Microsoft pulls as 'standard business
practices.' Maybe you agree with them. I don't. For me, it's
reasonable to assume that AOL would love to get away from that deal.

But none of us really have any idea what AOL  management is planning.
To think otherwise is hubris.

--
icongarden.com
Making good ideas grow || http://icongarden.com/