[thelist] web ed

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Sat Dec 9 13:20:14 CST 2000

>I'm wanting to find excellent web design education
>via the Internet or long distance,  (html, javascript, style sheets,
>information architecture, site design, xtml, for starters)

for starters?

Okay.

If you want an online guided course in a variety of web design
technologies there's Macromedia University. I haven't tried it myself
(has anyone?) But for about $400 for the Web Design track, you can
choose courses in everything from XML to Cold Fusion to SQL to
everything else you mentioned.  And of course all  the Macromedia web
technologies.

You have to provide your own software, of course.  I'm told that if
you pass tests, certification (at least in Macromedia products) is
offered.

http://www.macromedia.com/university/

If you decide to go this route, let us know (via a tip or whatever)
how it works out!

Erika