[thelist] roll-over strangeness - any ideas?

Jody Schiesser schiejo1 at memorialhealth.com
Sun Dec 10 18:36:03 CST 2000

I'm developing a website for the medical center here in Savannah, and have run into a strange problem with roll-over images.  On the server where the site will go live the roll-over images appear not to preload, rather, they seem to load each time the mouse is placed over them.

I've stripped out one of the menus so all that is present is the roll-over code, here:

http://www.memorialhealth.com/dev/test.html

I've put the exact same files up at my personal site:

http://www.lavondyss.com/working/dev/test.html

I'm bewildered by this problem, as it seems to be caused by the memorialhealth.com server.  I thought roll-over images, and the client-side javascript to handle them, was all handled by the client's browser.  And the real odd thing is that if the lavondyss.com page is loaded second, and then I hit back on my browser, the roll-overs work properly on the memorialhealth.com page.  I've tried browsing with Internet Explorer 5.5 and Netscape 4.7 on two different computers.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jody Schiesser, Webmaster
Memorial Health