[thelist] Setting up domains on a server.

djc djc at five2one.org
Mon Dec 11 08:25:22 CST 2000

The file you're going to be changing is called httpd.conf - its usually
located in the conf/ directory of your apache
installation(e.g. /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf ).

You're going to be adding a couple lines for a Virtual Host in that file
like so:

<VirtualHost 111.222.33.44>
ServerName www.foo.org
DocumentRoot /home/foo/public_html
CustomLog /home/foo/web.log combined
</VirtualHost>

Basically, you're adding a new 'servername' to apache, and binding it to
the 111.222.33.44 interface. If you need info on how to set up Virtual
Hosting with apache, either search the archives or let me know.

Also, you're going to be adding a user to your system so they can FTP
files and that srt of thing.. Assuming you already have this set up
though.. If not, lemme know :)

hth

.djc.