[thelist] Which Monitor Size Should I Use?

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 11 17:59:43 CST 2000

> NT 4.0 will not support multiple video cards, but there are cards
> out there that
> support multiple monitors. Since screen resolution is set by the operating
> system for each video card, it makes sense that cards that
> support multiple
> monitors can only provide one resolution size for all of them.

My old setup was NT with 2 4MB Matrox Millennium II's. Not resolution
independent, but multiple video cards nonetheless. I have seen design
training suites (years back) standardised on NT and this same dual
Millennium II setup.

I currently run my 21" and 15" both at 1280x1024. The text is slightly
chunky on the 21" (but easy to read), and small (but still bearable to read)
on the 15". This is why I would suggest going for the 19"/17" mix - it'd be
a better all round solution. These days a ViewSonic 19" is pretty affordable
at around AUD$750, so you can pick up two for $1500 (whereas my 21" was
$2200+ at auction - a few years ago).

isaac
                                           isaac: triple zero digital
                                           dynamic internet solutions