[thelist] Which Monitor Size Should I Use?

Rebekah Murphy bekah at nightvisions.com
Mon Dec 11 21:09:49 CST 2000

"kev.skindrill" wrote:

> While on the subject of monitors, I was in my local computer shop recently
> and there was a guy using an expensive LCD flat-screen monitor. I always
> assumed that these things were the dogs rude bits but they flicker really
> badly when you scroll up & down a page. I can't imagine what surfing will be
> like when LCD monitors become the norm as prices fall.

I have an Apple 15 inch flat panel and it doesn't flicker at all. It is
an older model (blue and white to match my G3).

The funny thing I've noticed about monitor size for working is this: At
home I use my 15 inch set at 1024 X 768, at work I have a 21 inch Sony
and I forget what I have the resolution set to, at my last job a had
dual monitor setup with a 21 inch Apple crt and and old 15 inch.

No matter how much screen space I have, I fill it. If I have less room,
I organize better, if I have more room, things expand to fill it. This
is the same way I am in real life, no matter how much space I have I
fill it with clutter :)

-Bekah