[thelist] Dreamweaver - Parse Includes Using JSP Syntax?

Bob Davis bobd at lists.evolt.org
Tue Dec 12 13:30:01 CST 2000

on 12/12/00 2:16 PM, Mark Gregor at mark at velir.com wrote:

> Is there anyway to get Dreamweaver to parse JSP includes (which have <%@
> include file="/path/filename.ext"%> as their syntax) as it does with SSI
> includes?
>
> I checked the DM Exchange, but no luck, and we're using DM 4 if it matters.

NB!!! - I don't *know* if this works, but I think it should.

You could just modify the translator that does normal SSI to work with JSP
includes.  On macs, the file is located in:

Dreamweaver 3:Configuration:Translators:Server-Side Includes.htm
    (this is DW3).

Line 53 : returnArray[9] = "<!--#include " // Expression for PI and insert

Just modify <!--#include to <%@  include and you should be there (save it as
something else though - don't want to hose your installation, you know..)

bob

--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org