[thelist] web companies directory

Brown, Robert Robert.Brown at lot21.com
Tue Dec 12 13:58:40 CST 2000

A tip and a tip

<tip>
Browsing a website is the most inefficient way in 'finding'

The human brain on a most physiological level works in a manner in which it
tries to use the least amount of energy...

We do this in problem solving, work etc.

In creating an interface we must look at this, and design around it

With using a search interface a user has to do four things. focus their
cursor on the search field, type in a thought and press return, or a submit
button with their mouse. Results come back, and instead of using some sort
of global navigation, and weeding through market babble, to relate there
thought or query within that data structure. The system has done all that
work for them, and has created a hierarchy based on their query, and not on
a static, company centric hierarchy.

Of course that's in a perfect world

</tip>