[thelist] Must a webmaster know databases???

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Dec 13 12:40:53 CST 2000

>  we have to have limits, we cannot get really good at
>  *everything* (there's just too much to learn), so it's
>  better to concentrate on some core skills while
>  maintaining awareness of the other areas

All in all, I think that this is so. We're the scientists of the
early pioneering days, where we wore the hat of doctor, researcher,
investigator, engineer, inventor, etc...

I just wanted to clarify my earlier note: If the question was "Is it
reasonable for my employer to expect me to be a master of all domains
(no pun intended)", the answer is no. If the questions is "Should I
be the MacGyver of my company's website". Most likely yes.  This is
what we do. Plus that, the more valuable you become to your company,
the more money you can ask for.

The most wicked thing you can do to a company is to become utterly
invaluable, to the point that they could not live without you, then
to demand a huge raise to keep you from quitting. <evil grin>
--

Frank Marion                      Loofah Communications
frank at loofahcom.com               http://www.loofahcom.com