[thelist] javascript, input type=image and mouseovers

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 14 10:59:00 CST 2000

>	Very true, although so long as the rollover is merely used for
>visual effect rather than to communicate important information, I wouldn't
>consider this a significant drawback. On my list of priorities, using an
>input image to submit a form -- even though the rollover will appear static
>in some browsers -- is preferable to relying on a javascript submit().

Again, a point. I haven't actually done this trick for ages, I just make
basic forms without too much designy stuff to take the attention away.

Anyway, we should focus on

1) getting it to work in as many browsers as possible
2) making the design as good as possible in as many browsers as possible

It's just that it is strange to do something like the mouseover knowing it
won't work in NN4. You can get away with it now, but I still have some
ancient reflexes left that tell me to make it NN4 compatible as soon as
possible. I'll need to stifle those reflexes, they aren't needed any more.

ppk