[thelist] Must a webmaster know databases???

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at COMPAQ.com
Thu Dec 14 13:13:10 CST 2000

Hi Peter,

Diversity is a good thing.    :-)

I don't have any problem disagreeing with you, offering my own opinionated
(and probably somewhat ham-handed) views .... and also congratulating you on
your success and wishing you <b>sincere</b> good fortune with your upcoming
book!   Honest!

Moreover, If you'll provide a brief, ...detailed... , concrete example of
how this thing would work - I'll try to consider it openly and come up with
an intelligent comment.

It may be that I, (and perhaps others), don't understand what you are
asking. <Ill-considered Guess> Is it a shipping manager that buys a
'shipment tracking object' from company A, a 'customer payment object' from
company B, and a 'graphics object' from company C --- and they all "play
nice" together and her folks can give her charts on percent of quarterly
shipments where payments have been received to date?</I-G> .... Or is it
something very different?

Ron L.