[thelist] cron jobs

Adrian Fischer adrian at aussiebidder.com
Thu Dec 14 20:07:44 CST 2000

Now were humming....Thanks to all who chimed in so far.  However (aint there
always).  I have three jobs listed in the crontab file but only the first 2
get executed.  If you youve been following the thread I was having trouble
getting a php3 file to execute.  Naturally I thought it was me so spent
hours trying to figure it out.  Eventually I just swapped it to the top of
the crontab file, and bobs your uncle, it worked.  But now the third one
dont..  Is there a linit to how many you can do?  Also if they are all using
the same setup ie date and times can you do anything about combining (I
doubt it) I couldnt find any reference to it.

Also, it keeps sending me emails like this:
--17:50:00--  http://aussiebidder.com:80/cgi-bin/autoclose.cgi
           => `autoclose.cgi.2'
Connecting to aussiebidder.com:80... connected!
Length: unspecified [text/html]

    0K ->

17:50:02 (0.00 B/s) - `autoclose.cgi.2' saved [0]

So I at least know its working but as I have it set up to check every 5
minutes and there is 3 jobs that is a lot of emails over the day.  Can I
stop them?

Oh by the way, I used "wget" instead of "lynx" . I take it lynx is some sort
of interface?  Couldnt find anything but references to the browser when I
searched.

Adrian Fischer