[thelist] evolt birthday get-together in London TOMORROW (thu rs)

Steve Cook sck at biljettpoolen.se
Fri Dec 15 01:23:08 CST 2000

Happy birthday evolt!

(Though I believe the actual day was yesterday). I guess that many of the UK
evolters will have sore heads today - shame I couldn't have been with you to
help drink you all under the table.

Sorry - I'm not typing too loudly am I?

.steve

<tip type="Backups">

Do you run your database backed site on a server that doesn't have a backup
regime? If you are on a Linux server, you could at least create a cron
script that creates a text backup of your database once a day. If you ever
make a mistake like forgetting the WHERE clause in an UPDATE statement
you'll appreciate having a fresh copy of your data to hand.

</tip>

Guess who edited en entire search engine recently so that every entry had
the same description? Doh!