[thelist] IE 5 Mac Margins

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Fri Dec 15 11:43:13 CST 2000

Kyle Smeby wrote:

> Anyone else here noticed any strange behavior by IE 5 Mac when dealing with
> top and left side margins.  Every once in a while the default margins will
> return and only correct themselves on the next page, or after hitting reload
> twice in rapid succession.  I'm not sure what I can do about this outside
> the <body MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0" LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0">
> routine--which (of course) is already there.
>
> If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it, thanks.

IE5 has added standards support, and as such can be finicky. In addition
to the proprietary NS and MS hacks to set the margins (for IE3+ and
Netscape 4+) you can add in your stylesheet:

	body { margin: 0px; }

And that's yet another way to do it. :-)

HTH,
	Joe
--
Joe Crawford <mailto:joe at artlung.com>