[thelist] New Site in IE 5.5 - Evolt.org

djc djc at five2one.org
Fri Dec 15 15:58:43 CST 2000

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, aardvark wrote:
> if it's the IE-generated error, are you sure that you are getting a
> 404?  what about a 300 (object moved), or a 50x?

Ya, thats why i'd be interested to see exactly what error the server is
giving, not just the useless IE one.

> all i can think of is that there might be a server-side redirection
> happening that IE is crapping out on due to it's option to support
> HTTP 1.1 or HTTP 1.0...
>
> dan, is there a server-side redirect somewhere?
>
> otherwise, for those of you on IE5.x, have you tried changing your
> HTTP support settings?

We do have a redirect in there.. its not a classic redirect as you would
think though.. all pages get redirected through a 404 template thats a
cold fusion page though..

still looking in to this.

.djc.