[thelist] Do I be nice or attack with legal?

Herzog, Ari Ari_Herzog at Instron.com
Mon Dec 18 10:34:33 CST 2000

Hi all. It has been discovered several months ago that one of our
competitors is using
our patented company name in their keywords, as well as using misspellings
of our name as well.
Clearly, this is against the law for search engines.

My boss is under the impression I, being webmaster, should email their
webmaster
and their ISP about it. I feel we should have our corporate attorneys send
them
a certified letter.

Which to do?

FWIW, we just got a legal letter from THEM about changing something on our
site as well.

Thx,
Ari