[thelist] JavaScript - closing windows in NN6/Gecko bug ?

George Dillon george.dillon at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 14:56:59 CST 2000

A couple of recent threads have touched on Javascripts using self.close()
/ opener.window.close().

I've found that Gecko (Mozilla 14  / Beonex) has a tendency to crash (IPF)
when closing either self or opener using either onClick or onMouseDown.

As a workaround I've adapted all my window-closing scripts to set a timeout
on the window close command thus:

onClick='closeWintimer=setTimeout("window.close()",50)'

which seems to solve the problem in most (but not all) cases.

I was just wondering if anyone else had come across this bug (?) in Gecko
and had any more info about squashing it?

George