[thelist] IE and windows apps

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Thu Dec 21 11:21:06 CST 2000

Please don't berate me over this - I'm not convinced it's such a hot
idea, but the client _really_ is so here I am.

Basically I'm developing their intranet, and one of the things they want
is to have links to word, excel, outlook etc, from the main html page. I
know I can just put <a href> tags to the program, but this produces the
standard (run it/save it) dialog box. The browser is IE (unsure of
version, but I have the power to force an upgrade if required), platform
is NT. I was just wondering if there are any fancy M$ tricks to do this?

TIA,
Katherine