[thelist] Search Engines & Content sites using Server Side S tuff

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Thu Dec 21 11:40:26 CST 2000

You said the content changes once-a-month?!

Dude, make them static pages. Have your php pull up the right one, or
generate the static pages, but the overhead you're incurring in processing
isn't worth it to generate dynamic pages that change once-a-month, IMHO...

So the idea is you preprocess all your content, spitting out static pages
for output. Run this once-a-month or whenever you need to create the new
content. Your web server is saved the extra processing, and you get your
search engines crawling all over you. =)

sgd
--
work: http://www.ti3.com/
non: http://thinksafely.org/