[thelist] Advanced CSS Problem

Gina K. Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu Dec 21 14:30:13 CST 2000

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your reply! I tried out your suggestion, NN is still not working as
expected, and IE is not showing the body links as bold.

Netscape is making *every* link bold, which bold is what I want in the body, but
the beige links on the left side, and the white links in the subnav are bold
too, but need to be normal weight.

I tried adding "font-weight : normal;" to all classes for those links, and the
visted classes as well, but its not working for some reason. Also, NN seems to
want to display the unvisited links as the color beige, when they should be dark
blue. Whic is really confusing me :P

I've uploaded just win.css and the index.html page at:
http://www.dev003.geonetric.com/csstest/index.html if you're ona mac, let me
know, I'll revamp the mac.css file.

Here's the CSS in entirety, I left out some stuff in the previous post to avoid
clutter (/* classes */ is where the menu and body link stuff we've been dealing
with is located:

/* 	Main style-sheet for Quirks.com, loaded for Windows platform
	Author: Gina K. Anderson, ginakra at mail.com  */

BODY {
	background-color: #FFFFFF;
	background-image : url(http://www.dev003.geonetric.com/img/pgbck.gif);
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size : 10pt;
	}

 P, UL, LI, DIV, OL, TABLE, TD, TH {
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size : 10pt;
	}

ADDRESS{
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 10px;
	}

B {
	color : #333366;
	}

H2 {
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	color : #333366;
	}

H3 {
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	color : #333366;
	}

/* classes */

BODY.navorange A.link {
        font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	  font-size : 10pt;
	  color : #666699;
        font-weight : bold;
	}
    .navorange A:visited

       color: #CC6600;
       font-weight : bold;
	}

/* left-side menu nav normal beige links */

A.navbeige {
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size : 8pt;
	color : #CCCC99;
	font-weight : normal;
	text-decoration : none;
	}

A.navbeige:visited {
 	color: #CCCC99;
 	font-weight : normal;
	}

/* left-side menu nav bold links */

A.navwhite {
	font-size : 8pt;
	font-weight : bold;
	color : #FFFFFF;
	text-decoration : none;
}

A.navwhite:visited {
	color: #FFFFFF;
	font-weight : bold;
	}

/* sub menu nav normal white links */

A.sectlinks {
	font-size : 8pt;
	color : #FFFFFF;
	font-weight : normal;
	text-decoration : none;
	}

A.sectlinks:visited

	color: #FFFFFF;
	font-weight : normal;
	}

/* end menu */

.advertlinks{
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size : 10pt;
	color : #666699;
	font-weight : bold;
	}

input.radio

	background : #FFFFFE;
	color: #000000;
	}

.bluelinks {
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size : 11px;
	color : #333366;
	font-weight : bold;
	}

A.bluelinks:visited{
	color : #333366;
	}

.lgbluelinks {
	font-family : Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size : 10pt;
	color : #333366;
	}

.sectionhead {
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 15px;
	font-weight: bold;
	color: #333366;
	background-color: #CCCCE5;
	}

.subhdr{
	color : #333366;
	font-size : 12pt;
	font-weight : bold;
	}

.large {
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 14px;
	}

.small {
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 10px;
	}

.supersmall {
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 9px;
	}

.normal {
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 15px;
	}

.midrange {
	font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 11px;
	}

A:HOVER {
	text-decoration : underline;