[thelist] ASP - send generated results via email

Gillespie, Bryan Bryan.Gillespie at medic.com
Fri Dec 22 15:45:42 CST 2000

I just finished reading your evolt article(s) (very good, btw), but I'm not
sure it completely resolves my issue.  I'm beginning to think there are two
parts.

1. Create a file based upon data retrieved from a database
2. Send the file via email

Essentially, the user will enter in their unique ID and a date range.  Based
upon that information, records for that ID between the date range are
displayed on the screen.  The data that appears on the screen needs to be
sent via email.

While sending a link
http://intranet/foo.asp?ID=1234&sdate=10/20/00&edate=12/20/00 would be the
easy thing, clients without access to our intranet would not be able to
activate that link.

Does that help muddy things up any?