[thelist] Friday Freebie

Raymond Camden rcamden at allaire.com
Wed Dec 27 07:26:11 CST 2000

> all the code you have above with the try/catch scenario is completely
> unnecessary because the cold fusion server will not throw an
> error when you
> try to param a value.  if it's already defined (coming in from a

It _will_ throw an error, however, if url.x is not a number. Notice the
TYPE= part to my code? That forces the value to be a certain type.
Therefore, if the user mucks with the query string, and changes id=5 to
id=ray, they will get an error. (Of course, it's their fault, but normally
it's better to suppress things, and in this case, you may want to log an ip
to a security file or somesuch.)

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Allaire

Email   : jedimaster at allaire.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482