[thelist] Javascript help redux

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Thu Dec 28 05:01:25 CST 2000

[sender: Joshua OIson || date: 17:25 27/12/2000 -0800]
>What about not opening the window *directly* with the anchor, but rather
>calling a js function to open the window for you.  Then you can save a
>reference to the window ala:
>
>var myWin
>myWin = window.open(...);
>
>Then you should be able to access the window through myWin regardless of
>what they named it, or at least figure out what name they changed it to.

I used something that works quite well (er... so I remember). Try using
a href="..." target="JakesWindow" for all external links.
Thus they will all open in the same window, which is named on the fly. I
wonder how it reacts with a script renaming its window, though.
Let us know, OK?

s t e f