[thelist] Javascript help redux

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 28 05:10:26 CST 2000

stef,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: s t e f
:
: I used something that works quite well (er... so
: I remember). Try using a href="..." target="JakesWindow"
: for all external links.  Thus they will all open in the same
: window, which is named on the fly. I wonder how it reacts
: with a script renaming its window, though.  Let us know, OK?

that's the problem he's describing.  he's using the target attribute to open
a new window and the document in the new window is renaming it, making all
links clicked after that no longer target that window.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development