[thelist] Collecting secure customer data

Paul paul.fisher at bushwhacker.co.uk
Thu Dec 28 11:58:36 CST 2000

Hope everyone's enjoying the calm before the NewYearsEve storm.

Here's a creative question.  Using a Unix server running Apache, is there
any way I can collect sensitive customer information without using SSL.  Oh
and I don't have Telnet access either (I know, it's a free service!).

I can use any other common technology (e.g. Java etc.).  I'm thinking
perhaps using a form script that encrypts the data and stores it in a
protected file (?) on the server awaiting download??

Any creative solutions?

Paul