[thelist] Javascript help redux

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 28 17:23:40 CST 2000

>unfortunately there's no way of knowing what new name has been given to a
>window or to be able to account for all the names the various sites might
>use.  even if you tried to request the name you'd run into security
>restrictions that'd prevent it.

Hmmm...I was about to propose reading out the window.name and changing your
targets to that name. Don't know if it's restricted, it would mean
experimenting and I don't have time for that at the moment.

But I thought the original problem was that one person of the many
webmasters that were linked changed the name of its content window.
Generally speaking you're right, but I thought to circumvent only the one
problem.

ppk