[thelist] CF and Win98

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Fri Dec 29 17:30:08 CST 2000

matthew,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: matthew garrett
:
: I would love for someone to tell me that installing
: and maintaining Apache is not that big a deal, and
: I should go for it. However, I am not a total
: propeller-head, and am usually Mac-centric.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my advice is to use personal web server.  it's already on your win98 system
disk.  just go to add/remove programs, click the windows setup tab.  it'll
be an option under the internet tools section.  easy as pie.

i would also caution against using apache.  i have heard nothing but
nightmares about getting that to work.  not only is it difficult to install,
but there are some problems with how it interprets the values of some cgi
variables which makes for some serious fun when building and testing apps.

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development