[thelist] Form submit question

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Sun Dec 31 10:27:08 CST 2000

michael,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Michael Galvin
:
: When the user presses the submit button, I want
: to open a page in another frame, thanking them for
: pressing the button.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

all you need is this in your <form> tag:

onSubmit="parent.frame_you_want_the_thanks_in.location.href = 'thanks.html'"

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Actually, I *really* want to open a brand new window
: (size to be determined) thanking them, but I'd be happy
: to go with the first option.

easy enough.  there are a couple of ways, but the simplest is this:

onSubmit="window.open('thanks.html','thanksWin','height=400,width=300')"

good luck,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden
game://web.development