[thelist] IE bookmarklets?

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 2 05:41:08 CST 2001

stef,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: s t e f
:
: I read about bookmarklets and am now trying to
: create some of my own to resize the browser.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

that's fine to do for things that are more specialized.  however, no sense
reinventing the wheel.  just head on over to http://www.bookmarklets.com/
and get ready-made ones the generalized tasks.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: Thus I created a bookmark linking to javascript:
: window.resizeTo(800,600).  The bad news: it
: opens a new window to the corrrect size rather
: than resizing the active window.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the only difference i see between yours and mine (which works) is that mine
doesn't make reference to the window object.

JavaScript:resizeTo(800,600);

are you clicking on the favorite from within the window you wish to resize
or are you perhaps doing it from another window or even your start menu?
the answer, of course, is that you must call it from the same window you
wish it to affect.

thanks,

.jeff

name://jeff.howden