[thelist] web based wysiwyg

Bob Davis bobd at lists.evolt.org
Wed Jan 3 11:46:08 CST 2001

on 1/3/01 12:14 PM, Peter Van Dijck at peter at vardus.com wrote:

> Hi all,
> I need to find a web based wysiwyg, spectra (or manila) style.
> I've already looked into a bunch of solutions, I don't like them. i like
> the spectra and manila ones. I know you can buy a coldfusion one for 300 $
> or something, but I'd really like to get a free one (or build one myself?
> how do they work?)
> Any tips/links?
> thanks as always!
> Peter

You could try zope.

It's free and open source.  I don't know a lot about it, other than I had it
running on an NT workstation for a while and it was pretty neat.

http://www.zope.org/

It has hierarchical permissions, rollback and loves databases.  I don't know
how it does with wsywig, but there might be some tools in there for it.
It's not a bad cms though.

(I think it requires python)

bob

--