[thelist] Evolt Equipment Support Fund? (was) Email delays... .

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Thu Jan 4 14:43:09 CST 2001

Luther, Ron wrote:

> Okay ... It doesn't take a lot of arm-twisting to get me to admit that I get
> a LOT of benefit out of lurking on the list.... and chiming in now and
> again.    ;-)
>
> I'd probably be willing to chip in a few bucks to an "Evolt Equipment Fund"
> ... <caveat>(don't expect BIG $$)     ;-)   </caveat>
>
> Can you and the other admin types find a way to make that happen?  (Reach
> agreement on a snail-mail address and/or set up a checking account in
> evolt's name or something?)

to set up a checking account we need to be a 'real' non-profit, which
we're not yet. this(making evolt an official non-profit) was on my
things to do list last year, which means it will happen this year for sure.

the best way for anyone(like chris and alan, god bless their souls) to
contribute would be to buy the used parts yourselves and them send those
parts to me.. or hire a lawyer to do all the paperwork for us ;)

> Yes - I'm serious .... and I'm pretty sure a bunch of other folks would chip
> in as well.

well i appreciate it 500%, but i don't want it to seem like i'm whoring
for contributions.

I'm more than willing to seem like i'm whoring for micro-brews though ;)

> BTW - we've got a bunch of artistic folks here - a donated design for an
> "official" evolt t-shirt could make some (very small) cash in exchange for
> someone putting in a bunch of silkscreen time and effort.

we've(the admin gang) been talking about this for at least a year and a
half.. we've got some samples out there of shirts we made and a domain
name to sell them from, just need someone to actually do it.

it doesn't sound liek a big deal selling t-shirts, but all the shit
behind it can turn out to be quite a bit more than one person can handle..

that doesn't mean that any person stepping up and doing it wouldn't have
the eternal appreciation of not only myself and the rest of the admin
group, but the entire evolt.org community(in other words, it would be
cool if someone could volunteer to look into this)

Seriously though, thanks so much ron, alan, chris and anyone else that
can help out!! Its truely appreciated. :)

Feeling a bit like Jerry Lewis on a Labor Day Weekend, ;)

.djc.

Daniel Cody
Evolt Worldwide Headquarters
c/o Stark Media