[thelist] HTTP Header Resource

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Thu Jan 4 22:51:09 CST 2001

At 22:49 4/01/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>Actually, I was talking about HTTP headers rather than meta tags... but I
>believe at least some of these are true HTTP headers (content-type and
>expires I know are HTTP headers).

HTTP-EQUIV literally means "treat this meta value as if it were an HTTP
header".

also, a word about the random-number solution.  my advice is to set the
pragma HTTP header too regardless.  this is because the random-number
solution is no use if some other site wants to reference your cam's
image.  (this can actually be an advantage or disadvantage, depending on
whether you want other people referencing your image).

</ol>