[thelist] What would you do?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Fri Jan 5 13:33:14 CST 2001

At 01:27 PM 1/5/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>Prepare a document.  Write up a technical (but approachable) document
>outlining all of

Seb....

I completely disagree that this choice is an option. The downside is a
factor of 100 greater than the upside. No matter how objective you make the
document, you have no control as to how the client is going to react. There
are ego's involved here, and they will be damaged by any unasked for
"outsider report". Heck, if he was asked (with $$) to write a report on the
shortcomings of the site - I'd recommend that he not take the work.

Remember there are most probably PHB's in the decision making process and
they are immune to logic and are creatures of emotion. Best to stay away,
but keep the channels open - if you want them back. The caveat is that the
PHB's that made the change decision may be managing the next project he is
contacted for and that may not be a good thing either.

---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys