[thelist] Frames question

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Sat Jan 6 08:54:12 CST 2001

><frameset rows="*,20,343,20,80,*" BORDER=0 FRAMEBORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0
>NORESIZE=NORESIZE>
>
>would I not be correct in stating that should easily fit into an 800x600
>resolution window

hi michael

yes, you would not   ;o)

looks like it's too tall for the typical 800x600 (maximized) window

you have to leave a certain amount of space for the "browser chrome"

check out this article

   Sizing Up the Browsers
   http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/41/index3a.html?tw=design

on page three there are some typical maximums for the height, and for
800x600 this looks like it's around 390, which you exceed by over 70 pixels

(you are completely fubar in 640x480 but i won't even go there)

if you really need to have six frames stacked one on top of the other, be
prepared to shrink your main content area dramatically....

good luck

rudy.ca