[thelist] Re: harddrive letters

Cedric Wooding cedric at torchbox.com
Thu Jan 11 03:14:28 CST 2001

I have just bought a new hard disk. When put it into my computer it called
itself D: This would be okay, except that I already had a hard drive which
was partitioned into C: (with windows and system stuff) and D: (which had
everything else). Because the new drive has now called itself D:, my old D:
is now E:. This means that all my shortcuts don't work and many program
settings will have to be changed from D: to E:. I can't seem to find any way
to change the letters of the drives. Is it possible and if so then how?
I am running a PC with Win98.

your help in this problem would be much appreciated,

Cedric Wooding